Pages

PAINTINGS OF NORTHAMPTON TOWN by Tom King


I was approached recently about a series of paintings I did of Northampton town centre between 1995 and 2000. At the time my wife and I lived in a Georgian cottage with our family in a very attractive village to the north of the county. The paintings, all watercolour, came about at the suggestion of Michael Savage of Savage Fine Art. I had produced a number of watercolour landscapes of the county but it was as a result of a painting trip to the south of France and a watercolour I did of a busy market that was to be the inspiration for the suggestion. Eighty watercolours were produced and all sold at the time with the exception of one.

I have included here two invitations to an exhibition featuring some of those paintings.
Post published by Tomas King 17 Jan 2013 
     

No comments: