Pages

THE STUDIO

The studio environment has always been very important to me. The patina and paraphernalia of everyday working life and being surrounded by simple things that provide inspiration. Often meaningless to anyone else, the box files contain cuttings from newspapers and magazines that go back twenty five years, many of the books are no longer available to purchase; some have been published by friends, others about people I have met, most are for reference. Hundreds of magazines contain articles on subjects I am interested in, exhibition catalogues, pots and decorated tiles, pieces of driftwood, coloured papers and paints all add to the mix.

When I am in the studio by myself day after day these things remind me I am not alone, out there are thousands of people also going through the same daily creative process whether it be art, craft or design. No one makes us do it, it comes from within!

Published by Tomas King 21st May 2010

1 comment:

Lucy said...

The studio looks great! Hope I get to see it in person one day.
Lucy x